20 Web Design Statistics for 2022 That will Blow Your Mind!
It isn’t the early 2000s anymore. There is no excuse for having a poor design on your website, and now it’s easy to differentiate between good and poor user experience.
Online visitors believe that your organization’s quality correlates directly to your website’s quality. Simply put, fewer visitors will take your organization seriously if your website is outdated, confusing, poorly developed, and not designed to be responsive and user-friendly.
If you invest the time, effort and budget to get a powerfully designed website – you’ll experience better donor retention and an increase in online visitors and time spent per visitor.
The statistics below can help you measure the effectiveness of your current website and help inform your website’s needs to be more compelling.
- There are 5.6 billion Google searches per day.
- It only takes a visitor 0.5 seconds to form an opinion of a website.
- Mobile is huge! Mobile devices generate 54.8% of global website traffic.
- Mobile devices now account for nearly 2 out of every 3 minutes spent online.
- 48% of online users say that if an organization’s website is not mobile-friendly, they’ll take it as an indication that the organization is not relevant.
- Responsive website design is a non-negotiable now – accounting for a whopping 73.1% reason why visitors leave a website.
- Page speed is crucial! In a study commissioned by Google, decreasing mobile site load times by just one-tenth of a second resulted in major increases in conversion rates.
- 47% of people expect a web page to load in 2.8 seconds or less.
- An increase in site loading speed from 8 to 2 seconds can boost your visitors’ conversion rate to donors by 74%.
- 39% of people will stop engaging with a website if images won’t load or take too long to load.
- 48% of people cited that a website’s design is the number one factor in determining an organization’s credibility.
- 38% of online visitors will stop engaging with a website if the content or layout is unattractive or too hard to read.
- 88% of online visitors are less likely to return to a site after a bad experience (site speed, broken links, difficult navigation).
- 38% of people will stop engaging with a website if the content/layout is unattractive.
- 51% of people think “detailed organization contact information” is the most important element missing from many company websites.
- 44% of website visitors will leave an organization’s website if there’s no contact information or phone number.
- 47% of website visitors check out an organization’s services page before looking at any other site sections.
- 86% of visitors want to see an organization’s services on their homepage.
- 64% of visitors want to see an organization’s contact information on their homepage.
- 52% of visitors want to see “about us” information on their homepage.