To create engaging and on-brand graphics for a variety of media platforms, work closely with our Account Leads to develop and execute design concepts for a variety of marketing needs.
Location: Raleigh, NC
Reports to: Director of Client Success
Compensation: $50k (total compensation package: $65k)
Are you a Senior Graphic Designer who loves to create beautiful pieces of artwork? Do you like to explore your creativity with new challenges? We’d love to hear from you! We are searching for an experienced and creative Senior Graphic Designer to come and join us.
We exist to glorify the Lord and we believe nonprofits have the power to change the world. So, we serve them exclusively. It’s a bold charge. But when we empower nonprofits to inspire and activate their communities through our marketing expertise, we’ll build a world where every nonprofit achieves its maximum impact. And, eventually, the world will be a better place for all.
About the Job
We are seeking a Senior Graphic Designer who pushes the boundaries of print and digital aesthetics and has an eye for precise design detail. This role will be responsible for creating engaging and on-brand graphics for a variety of media platforms. The Senior Graphic Designer is a full-time position that works closely with our Account Leads to develop and execute design concepts for a variety of marketing needs. The ideal candidate subscribes to our guiding principle to glorify the Lord with integrity and excellence through our work and upholds our core values: generosity, gratitude, grace, and grit.
What Describes You
You love design. You understand the power of design. You know it is more than moving pixels, it’s about moving people. Emotionally and behaviorally. We’re looking for a thoughtful Senior Graphic Designer whose love of the craft goes beyond self-expression.
You’ve got ideas. Lots of them. You are always looking to find inspiration, insights, cultural or human truths, to shape those ideas. And you’re able to consider your ideas strategically and tactically translate creative concepts into effective designs and brand values into compelling visual designs.
People fascinate you. You love people in all their diversity. You love collaboration and have strong social and communication skills that ensure you understand, relate to, and connect with our clients — and your team.
You are left-brain and right-brain. You know how to work within brand design language and have the confidence to push the boundaries with a well-developed understanding of design fundamentals such as typography, interaction design and usability, layout, white space, aspect ratios, typography, and color theory. You thrive on bringing these elements together with enormous attention to detail.
You’re ever curious. You have a contagious curiosity for all things design, from trends to apps to emerging tech. You challenge yourself both personally and professionally. You ask great questions, listen deeply, and go wherever the answers might lead.
You want to grow. You are always learning and progressing. You welcome informed debate and will passionately defend your decisions. You’re eager to learn things you don’t already know. And you’re open to failing. When you get it wrong, you learn from it and come out stronger.
You’re you. You’re confident that there’s something unique only you can bring to our team. You love each of your designs but don’t get too attached to them (or bent out of shape to receive feedback).
What You Bring
- 5+ years’ experience (agency preferred); that said, your work is more important to us than your years.
- Impressive visual design chops, from print collateral to responsive web design.
- Proficiency in modern design tools (e.g. Adobe InDesign, XD, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Experience establishing, maintaining, and improving a visual language.
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to clearly convey concepts.
- Proven ability to generate supportive visual assets for larger brand systems beyond logos, logotypes, or basic components.
- Strong portfolio displaying a range of design projects that highlight your creativity and technical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills when interacting with staff/clients/the public.
- Ability to process direct, constructive criticism of work in a positive manner.
- Ability to excel in an entrepreneurial environment where work pressures, disturbances in workflow and unforeseen incidents occur on a regular basis.
- Experience managing print vendor relationships, developing quotes for printed and promotional marketing materials, overseeing all printed collateral and promotional marketing orders, proofing, pricing and ensuring product delivery and client satisfaction.
- Willingness to provide assistance outside of job description to achieve team success.
- Bonus points if you have a strong passion for nonprofits.
If this sounds good, we’d love to hear from you!
Please include a link to an online portfolio or a PDF with work samples along with your application. We hope to see work that’ll show us how you think, what you’re passionate about, and why we can’t wait to meet you.
Please visit angeloakcreative.com. If, upon review, you are passionate about Angel Oak Creative’s mission and nonprofit work, please complete the application form below by February 29, 2024 (but the sooner the better!). Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Angel Oak Creative
At Angel Oak Creative, we believe that nonprofits have the power to change the world, and this drives everything we do. Because we envision a world where every nonprofit realizes its full potential, we empower them to inspire and activate their communities. The more effectively nonprofits can communicate, the closer we’ll come to making our vision a reality.