Q1 STEWARDSHIP: PUTTING GRATITUDE ON DISPLAY
So, you’ve just wrapped up the end-of-year giving season and feel like you can finally come up for air. You’re ready to tackle the new year and put all your new fundraising and marketing plans in place for an epic 2024. But, as we mentioned last year, your end-of-year campaign might not be fully over.
The “ease back into work” mantra that oftentimes characterizes the beginning of the year is not the reality for all of you world-changers in the development/marketing department. Thank-you notes, tax letters, annual reports… the list goes on. But don’t grow weary: your donor stewardship now will pay off later.
As we come to the end of one of the busiest months of the year, we’ve consolidated some quick and punchy stewardship tips to share far and wide. It’s our way of saying thank YOU as you thank your donors.
Here are five ways you can put your gratitude on full display:
- Leverage your beneficiaries: a few hand-written sentences with a heartfelt thank you from your mission’s beneficiaries speaks volumes. Whether it’s leftover campaign stationery from your end-of-year appeal or on a letterhead, authenticity goes a long way.
- Use the power of video: don’t have time to manage the notes? Grab your phone and capture a few of your program staff and participants sharing their gratitude for 2023 gifts. Use the video in your newsletter, social media, and campaign landing page. Some of your donor databases might even have a feature where you can send videos to your supporters with personalized greeting lines!
- Invite your donors to see your mission in action: because there’s really nothing more powerful than seeing their impact in real life. Whether it’s a tour, coffee with leadership, or through a volunteer capacity, invite as many people as you can to witness the change they have made possible.
- Automate thank-yous in 2024: many CRMs have the capability of sending an automated email when a gift is received, but postable ups the stewardship game with an automated mailed card. You can customize the cover, brand the card, and solidify the copy beforehand, then upload your list of donors monthly. and they handle the mailing. Consider incorporating a photo of a hand-written note or drawing from a recipient of your services for even higher impact!
- Hit the ground running on your annual report: from impact stats to testimonials to financial overviews, your annual report is the ultimate stewardship collateral tool to share your thanks.
If you’re stuck on donor stewardship strategy, seeking ways to better communicate your gratitude, looking for a way to move your mids to majors or need support on your annual report, you know where to find us.
Stewardship might come at the end of the donor cycle, but it’s also where your next gift begins!
We’ll be cheering you on in 2024!